Please scroll to the bottom to register
Alternative & Advanced Search Engine Intelligence (ASSEI) begins with explaining search engines and algorithms – how they work for Intelligence operations. From here, students are exposed to a variety of search engines (beyond Google, Yandex, and Bing). Various search engines are surveyed for use cases and regions used. From this point, students are introduced to concepts and techniques to alter or improve their search engine results and efficiency. The remainder of the class is used to refine and re-enforce students’ comprehension of advanced search operators, providing students with a whole new area of the internet to use for Intelligence collection and analysis.
In brief, this course covers the following via lectures, labs, and demonstrations:
- Algorithms behind the search engines
- Non-Google Search Engines
- Specialized Focus
- Techniques for more effective searching abroad
- Considerations and use of each search engine
- Advanced operators for conducting searches for Intelligence operations
This is an advanced course that assumes some knowledge, comprehension, and experience with Intelligence or OSINT. No accounts are explicitly needed, although having social media accounts (they do not have to be your real account nor do they need to be fake [Sock] accounts) to follow along with will not hurt. Prior to the course, please register for an account on The OSINTion Discord Here then use the Discord account to create an account on The OSINTion Wiki Here.
Students having taken another course from The OSINTion are more likely to benefit from the material in this course. First-time students seeking initial foundational instruction about Intelligence are advised to take The OSINTion’s Accelerated Introduction to Intelligence course first.
This 4-hour course costs $170, but coupon codes are often released on Joe’s and the OSINTion’s social media platforms.
Alternate Payment Methods
Information about using alternative payment methods can be found here.
Continuing Education & Employer Relations
Information about getting certificates, badges, or invoices for CPEs/CEUs/etc. and employer reimbursement can be found here.
About Joe and The OSINTion
The OSINTion, LLC is an online and onsite Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) training provider based in the US. The Principal Instructor, Joe Gray, is a recognized expert in Intelligence, specifically OSINT and other relevant topics in information security. Joe’s passionate and common sense approach to Intelligence is easy to comprehend and natural for students to follow along.
Competitively, Joe has placed in the following competitions involving OSINT:
- 3rd place in the NOLACon OSINT CTF in 2018 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 3rd place in the NOLACon OSINT CTF in 2019 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 2nd place in the BSides Atlanta OSINT CTF in 2019 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 1st place in the DerbyCon Social Engineering Capture the Flag (SECTF) in 2017
- 4th place in the DerbyCon OSINT CTF in 2019
- 2nd place in the Hackfest (Quebec) Missing Persons CTF powered by TraceLabs in 2019 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 2nd place in the Hackfest (Quebec) Social Engineering Capture the Flag (SECTF) in 2019
- 2nd place in the TraceLabs Global Missing Persons CTF V (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 1st place in the TraceLabs Global OSINT Search Party at DEFCON 28 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 1st place in the TraceLabs Global OSINT Search Party at DEFCON 29 (as a member of the Federal Bureau of OH-SHINT)