During the course of 4 hours, students will learn about a variety of search engines and techniques. This course will work on advanced search operators initially then pivot into regional and specialized search engines, providing students with a whole new area of the internet to use for OSINT collection and analysis.
In brief, this course covers the following via lectures, labs, and demonstrations:
- Google Dorking/Advanced Operators
- Other Search Engines
- Specialized Focus
- Techniques for more effective searching abroad
- Considerations and use of each
Check the Store Page or Schedule for Upcoming Offerings
This is an advanced course that assumes some knowledge, comprehension, and experience with OSINT. No accounts are explicitly needed, although having social media accounts (they do not have to be your real account nor do they need to be fake [Sock] accounts) to follow along with will not hurt. Prior to the course, please register for an account on The OSINTion Discord Here then use the Discord account to create an account on The OSINTion Wiki Here.
Students having taken another course from The OSINTion are more likely to benefit from the material in this course. First-time students seeking initial foundational instruction about OSINT are advised to take The OSINTion’s Accelerated Introduction to OSINT course first.
This 4-hour course costs $145, but coupon codes are often released on Joe’s and the OSINTion’s social media platforms.
Alternate Payment Methods
Information about using alternative payment methods can be found here.
Continuing Education & Employer Relations
Information about getting certificates, badges, or invoices for CPEs/CEUs/etc. and employer reimbursement can be found here.
About Joe and The OSINTion
The OSINTion is an online and onsite Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) training provider based in the US. The Principal Instructor, Joe Gray, is a recognized expert in OSINT and other relevant topics in information security. Joe’s passionate and common sense approach to OSINT is easy to comprehend and natural for students to follow along.
Competitively, Joe has placed in the following competitions involving OSINT:
- 3rd place in the NOLACon OSINT CTF in 2018 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 3rd place in the NOLACon OSINT CTF in 2019 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 2nd place in the BSides Atlanta OSINT CTF in 2019 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 1st place in the DerbyCon Social Engineering Capture the Flag (SECTF) in 2017
- 4th place in the DerbyCon OSINT CTF in 2019
- 2nd place in the Hackfest (Quebec) Missing Persons CTF powered by TraceLabs in 2019 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 2nd place in the Hackfest (Quebec) Social Engineering Capture the Flag (SECTF) in 2019
- 2nd place in the TraceLabs Global Missing Persons CTF V (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 1st place in the TraceLabs Global OSINT Search Party at DEFCON 28 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)