In this 4-hour course, the primary function of Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) is defined as well as legal and ethical considerations. This course also begins introducing procedural steps to collect OSINT in addition to basic tools and techniques. Basic familiarity with tools will be attained. This course includes one OSINT lab.
There are no prerequisite knowledge or experience requirements. No tools, API Keys, or virtual machines are required but could be useful.
What You Will Learn
In this 4-hour class, you will learn:
- The fundamental basics of OSINT
- Define legal and ethical considerations for collecting and storing OSINT
- Gain a comprehension of the process for collecting, analyzing, and storing OSINT
- Gain knowledge of some of the main tools and resources used in OSINT gathering
- Weaponizing OSINT
- Applicability of OSINT, both offensively and defensively
Who Is This Class For?
This class is for anyone from an absolute beginner in OSINT and Missing person investigations all the way up to seasoned law enforcement and beyond.
This course is normally $80, but coupon codes are often released on the following social media platforms:
- Joe’s Twitter
- Advanced Persistent Security Twitter
- Joe’s LinkedIn
- The OSINTion Twitter
- The OSINTion Facebook
- The OSINTion Mailing List
Registration (Includes The Offering Dates)
The next session is on February 17, from 6-10 PM (EST). You can see available dates and times as well as register here.
This class, in addition to all others, can be viewed on the calendar here.
About Joe and The OSINTion
The OSINTion is an online and onsite Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) training provider based in the US. The Principal Instructor, Joe Gray, is a recognized expert in OSINT and other relevant topics in information security. Joe’s passionate and common sense approach to OSINT is easy to comprehend and natural for students to follow along. By day, Joe is a Senior OSINT Specialist with a firm in the US.
Competitively, Joe has placed in the following competitions involving OSINT:
- 3rd place in the NOLACon OSINT CTF in 2018 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 3rd place in the NOLACon OSINT CTF in 2019 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 2nd place in the BSides Atlanta OSINT CTF in 2019 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 1st place in the DerbyCon Social Engineering Capture the Flag (SECTF) in 2017
- 4th place in the DerbyCon OSINT CTF in 2019
- 2nd place in the Hackfest (Quebec) Missing Persons CTF powered by TraceLabs in 2019 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 2nd place in the Hackfest (Quebec) Social Engineering Capture the Flag (SECTF) in 2019