You can also pre-purchase sessions for 2021 using the 2020BF1337OSINT coupon code using any of the links below (less the Private Training option), so this will work for current offerings as well as future offerings.
After a long hiatus, this course returns! This time as a 8-hour course. During the course of the 8 hours, we will cover various types of passive reconnaissance techniques that will enable us to learn about the targeted businesses. While some Linux and Scripting ability will help students, most of the techniques can be performed from a browser.
In brief, this course covers the following:
- Social Media
- Public Filings
- Search Engines
- Some leading OSINT tools
Upcoming Offerings (All times EST)
SINGLE 6-HOUR SESSIONS:
WEEKDAY SESSIONS (MEETS TWICE FOR 3 HOURS EACH TIME):
Pre-Purchase your 2021 OSINTion Training Here
Note: You can also pre-purchase sessions for 2021 using the 202BF1337OSINT coupon code using the links below as well.
What You Will Learn
In this 8-hour class, you will learn:
- The fundamental basics of OSINT
- Define legal and ethical considerations for collecting and storing OSINT
- Gain a comprehension of the process for collecting, analyzing, and storing OSINT
- Gain knowledge of some of the main tools and resources used in OSINT gathering
- Weaponizing OSINT
- Applicability of OSINT, both offensively and defensively
Who Is This Class For?
This class is for anyone from an absolute beginner in OSINT all the way up to seasoned law enforcement, penetration testers, cyber threat intelligence analysts and beyond.
This 8-hour course costs $175, but coupon codes are often released on the following social media platforms:
Partners and Causes listed on the Partners and Causes page have coupon codes that will provide students with 15% off of course tuition and also provide the partner or cause a donation of 15% of the course tuition for each time their code is used. Choose your favorite and help them with fundraising!
Schedule Private Training Here
Additional Payment Options
How to Use the Alternative Methods:
Some students have been reluctant to use PayPal for registering for OSINTion courses as of late due to possible security concerns with PayPal. As a byproduct, we have added new options!
As of September 28 2020, we are offering the alternative methods.
- To use them, you will first need to register for the course and exit before completing the payment.
- Next, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to begin coordination.
- Coordination will consist of making sure we know that the payment is coming and from whom.
- For cryptocurrency, we will need to see what the current values are and determine what the Bitcoin (BTC), Etherium (ETH), or ZCash (ZEC) equivalent values are.
- Once coordinated, use one of the following methods:
- Venmo: https://www.venmo.com/the-osintion
- CashApp: https://cash.app/$theosintion
- We can also support Zelle. Please email us to coordinate using Zelle.
- Cryptocrrency (please verify BTC or ZCash wallets using Keybase – https://keybase.io/theosintion):
- Bitcoin (BTC): 336E7UD34nE978DwAdB6N5Eb8r9yf3aenz
- Etherium (ETH): 0x916d8b3218e6Cd33D763b1Ec7AA5bDA2812cF396
- Zcash (ZEC): t1Ugsme5FG6Xbav7vAy98Q9dzutCh63WADe
This class, in addition to all others, can be viewed on the calendar here.
About Joe and The OSINTion
The OSINTion is an online and onsite Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) training provider based in the US. The Principal Instructor, Joe Gray, is a recognized expert in OSINT and other relevant topics in information security. Joe’s passionate and common sense approach to OSINT is easy to comprehend and natural for students to follow along. By day, Joe is a Senior OSINT Specialist with a firm in the US.
Competitively, Joe has placed in the following competitions involving OSINT:
- 3rd place in the NOLACon OSINT CTF in 2018 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 3rd place in the NOLACon OSINT CTF in 2019 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 2nd place in the BSides Atlanta OSINT CTF in 2019 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 1st place in the DerbyCon Social Engineering Capture the Flag (SECTF) in 2017
- 4th place in the DerbyCon OSINT CTF in 2019
- 2nd place in the Hackfest (Quebec) Missing Persons CTF powered by TraceLabs in 2019 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 2nd place in the Hackfest (Quebec) Social Engineering Capture the Flag (SECTF) in 2019
- 18th place in the TraceLabs Global Missing Persons CTF III (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 5th place in the TraceLabs Global Missing Persons CTF IV (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 1st place in the TraceLabs Global OSINT Search Party at DEFCON (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)