Please scroll to the bottom to register
During the course of the 8 hours, we will cover various types of passive reconnaissance techniques that will enable us to learn about the targeted businesses. While some Linux and Scripting abilities will help students, most of the techniques can be performed from a browser. This course has been revised to remove duplicate material and add walkthroughs and labs.
In brief, this course covers the following:
- Social Media
- Public Filings
- Search Engines
- Some leading Intelligence tools
This is an advanced course that assumes some knowledge, comprehension, and experience with Intelligence or OSINT. No accounts are explicitly needed, although having social media accounts (they do not have to be your real account nor do they need to be fake [Sock] accounts) to follow along with will not hurt. Prior to the course, please register for an account on The OSINTion Discord Here then use the Discord account to create an account on The OSINTion Wiki Here.
Students having taken another course from The OSINTion are more likely to benefit from the material in this course. First-time students seeking initial foundational instruction about Intelligence are advised to take The OSINTion’s Accelerated Introduction to Intelligence course first.
This 8-hour course costs $315.
Continuing Education & Employer Relations
Information about getting certificates, badges, or invoices for CPEs/CEUs/etc. and employer reimbursement can be found here.
About Joe and The OSINTion
The OSINTion, LLC is an online and onsite Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) training provider based in the US. The Principal Instructor, Joe Gray, is a recognized expert in Intelligence, specifically OSINT and other relevant topics in information security. Joe’s passionate and common sense approach to Intelligence is easy to comprehend and natural for students to follow along.
Competitively, Joe has placed in the following competitions involving OSINT:
- 3rd place in the NOLACon OSINT CTF in 2018 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 3rd place in the NOLACon OSINT CTF in 2019 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 2nd place in the BSides Atlanta OSINT CTF in 2019 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 1st place in the DerbyCon Social Engineering Capture the Flag (SECTF) in 2017
- 4th place in the DerbyCon OSINT CTF in 2019
- 2nd place in the Hackfest (Quebec) Missing Persons CTF powered by TraceLabs in 2019 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 2nd place in the Hackfest (Quebec) Social Engineering Capture the Flag (SECTF) in 2019
- 2nd place in the TraceLabs Global Missing Persons CTF V (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 1st place in the TraceLabs Global OSINT Search Party at DEFCON 28 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 1st place in the TraceLabs Global OSINT Search Party at DEFCON 29 (as a member of The Federal Bureau of OH-SHINT)