Please scroll to the bottom to register
This course is designed to hone specifically in on the processes and tools used to perform “People Intelligence” or “People OSINT” in situations where investigators are seeking to find missing people, some of which do not want to be found. This focuses on validating the information discovered and using it to pivot to valuable information, in both a CTF setting (such as Trace Labs’ CTFs/OSINT Search Parties) and law enforcement.
In brief, this course covers the following:
- Social Media
- Intelligence Processes and Cycles
- TraceLabs categories
- Case Studies
- A simulated CTF where the class collaboratively works to try to find an actual missing person (The primary reason that this course is not ever recorded)
What People Are Saying About the Course
I thoroughly enjoyed the brilliant Joe Gray @C_3PJoe 's "Intro to people OSINT/OSINT for Missing Persons" course!!! I highly recommend this course for anyone with an interest in Open-Source Intelligence! 😃💻⚔ #osint #infosec #joegray #neverstoplearning— Heidi Rolleston (@heidi_veronica8) January 26, 2020
TFW when you blow up the training chat with “Do you even Regex bro?” and it turns out the instructor does in fact “regex bro” and has an entire course on regular expressions. Needless to say, I’ll be taking @C_3PJoe ‘s regex course when it’s offered. #osint #regex #python— Tom (@human_decoded) January 26, 2020
This is an advanced course that assumes some knowledge, comprehension, and experience with Intelligence or OSINT. No accounts are explicitly needed, although having social media accounts (they do not have to be your real account nor do they need to be fake [Sock] accounts) to follow along with will not hurt. Prior to the course, please register for an account on The OSINTion Discord Here then use the Discord account to create an account on The OSINTion Wiki Here.
Students having taken another course from The OSINTion are more likely to benefit from the material in this course. First-time students seeking initial foundational instruction about Intelligence are advised to take The OSINTion’s Accelerated Introduction to Intelligence course first.
This 8-hour course costs $285, but coupon codes are often released on Joe’s and the OSINTion’s social media platforms.
You may register for this course here.
Alternate Payment Methods
Information about using alternative payment methods can be found here.
Continuing Education & Employer Relations
Information about getting certificates, badges, or invoices for CPEs/CEUs/etc. and employer reimbursement can be found here.
About Joe and The OSINTion
The OSINTion, LLC is an online and onsite Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) training provider based in the US. The Principal Instructor, Joe Gray, is a recognized expert in Intelligence, specifically OSINT and other relevant topics in information security. Joe’s passionate and common sense approach to Intelligence is easy to comprehend and natural for students to follow along.
Competitively, Joe has placed in the following competitions involving OSINT:
- 3rd place in the NOLACon OSINT CTF in 2018 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 3rd place in the NOLACon OSINT CTF in 2019 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 2nd place in the BSides Atlanta OSINT CTF in 2019 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 1st place in the DerbyCon Social Engineering Capture the Flag (SECTF) in 2017
- 4th place in the DerbyCon OSINT CTF in 2019
- 2nd place in the Hackfest (Quebec) Missing Persons CTF powered by TraceLabs in 2019 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 2nd place in the Hackfest (Quebec) Social Engineering Capture the Flag (SECTF) in 2019
- 2nd place in the TraceLabs Global Missing Persons CTF V (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 1st place in the TraceLabs Global OSINT Search Party at DEFCON 28 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 1st place in the TraceLabs Global OSINT Search Party at DEFCON 29 (as a member of The Federal Bureau of OH-SHINT)