You can also pre-purchase sessions for 2021 using the 2020BF1337OSINT coupon code using any of the links below (less the Private Training option), so this will work for current offerings as well as future offerings.
This course, taught by a member of the winning team at the DEFCON OSINT Search party, 2nd place at Trace Labs Global Missing Persons CTF V, and 2nd Place team at HackFest Missing Persons CTF, is designed to hone specifically in on the processes and tools used to perform “People OSINT” in situations where investigators are seeking to find missing people, some of which do not want to be found. This focuses on validating the information discovered and using it to pivot to valuable information, in both a CTF setting (such as Trace Labs’ CTFs –https://www.tracelabs.org/getinvolved/ctf/) and law enforcement.
This course has evolved from a 4-hour course to a 6-hour course, and now to an 8-hour course. This LIVE Missing Persons OSINT course, approved by TraceLabs seeks to prepare OSINT enthusiasts and private investigators for techniques used to find missing people. While some Linux and Scripting ability will help students, most of the techniques can be performed from a browser.
In brief, this course covers the following:
- Social Media
- OSINT Processes and Cycles
- TraceLabs categories
- Case Studies
- A simulated CTF where the class collaboratively works to try to find an actual missing person (The primary reason that this course is not ever recorded)
Upcoming Offerings (All times EST)
SINGLE 6-HOUR SESSIONS:
WEEKDAY SESSIONS (MEETS TWICE FOR 3 HOURS EACH TIME):
Pre-Purchase your 2021 OSINTion Training Here
Note: You can also pre-purchase sessions for 2021 using the 202BF1337OSINT coupon code using the links below as well.
While this course will discuss a couple of tools, there is no need for any virtual machines, API Keys, or tools before the course. Most of the practical portion of the course can be completed using a basic web browser.
What You Will Learn
In this 8-hour class, you will learn:
- The fundamental basics of OSINT
- The basis of People OSINT
- Positive Uses
- Negative Uses
- Information relative to the “OSINT Heartbeat” in terms of expanding, collecting, synthesizing, and contracting based on intelligence:
- Home Life
- Basic Information about the subject
- Advanced Information about the subject
- Information about the day last seen and circumstances
- Current location of the subject
- People OSINT tools and resources
- Social media
- EXIF and Reverse Image search tools
- Insight from the perspective of a judge and a competitor
- Collaboration Strategies
- Labs to help grasp the concepts.
At the end of the course, you will participate in a Mini-CTF to apply the concepts you’ve learned in a collaborative and fun environment.
What People Are Saying About the Course
I thoroughly enjoyed the brilliant Joe Gray @C_3PJoe 's "Intro to people OSINT/OSINT for Missing Persons" course!!! I highly recommend this course for anyone with an interest in Open-Source Intelligence! 😃💻⚔ #osint #infosec #joegray #neverstoplearning— Heidi Rolleston (@heidi_veronica8) January 26, 2020
TFW when you blow up the training chat with “Do you even Regex bro?” and it turns out the instructor does in fact “regex bro” and has an entire course on regular expressions. Needless to say, I’ll be taking @C_3PJoe ‘s regex course when it’s offered. #osint #regex #python— Tom (@human_decoded) January 26, 2020
Who Is This Class For?
This class is for anyone from an absolute beginner in OSINT and Missing person investigations all the way up to seasoned law enforcement and beyond.
This course is normally $175, but in partnership with TraceLabs, use coupon code: TraceLabs15 for 15% off and The OSINTion will also donate an additional 15% of your course registration to TraceLabs.
Schedule Private Training Here
Additional Payment Options
How to Use the Alternative Methods:
Some students have been reluctant to use PayPal for registering for OSINTion courses as of late due to possible security concerns with PayPal. As a byproduct, we have added new options!
As of September 28 2020, we are offering the alternative methods.
- To use them, you will first need to register for the course and exit before completing the payment.
- Next, please email email@example.com to begin coordination.
- Coordination will consist of making sure we know that the payment is coming and from whom.
- For cryptocurrency, we will need to see what the current values are and determine what the Bitcoin (BTC), Etherium (ETH), or ZCash (ZEC) equivalent values are.
- Once coordinated, use one of the following methods:
- Venmo: https://www.venmo.com/the-osintion
- CashApp: https://cash.app/$theosintion
- We can also support Zelle. Please email us to coordinate using Zelle.
- Cryptocrrency (please verify BTC or ZCash wallets using Keybase – https://keybase.io/theosintion):
- Bitcoin (BTC): 336E7UD34nE978DwAdB6N5Eb8r9yf3aenz
- Etherium (ETH): 0x916d8b3218e6Cd33D763b1Ec7AA5bDA2812cF396
- Zcash (ZEC): t1Ugsme5FG6Xbav7vAy98Q9dzutCh63WADe
This class, in addition to all others, can be viewed on the calendar here.
About Joe and The OSINTion
The OSINTion is an online and onsite Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) training provider based in the US. The Principal Instructor, Joe Gray, is a recognized expert in OSINT and other relevant topics in information security. Joe’s passionate and common sense approach to OSINT is easy to comprehend and natural for students to follow along. By day, Joe is a Senior OSINT Specialist with a firm in the US.
Competitively, Joe has placed in the following competitions involving OSINT:
- 3rd place in the NOLACon OSINT CTF in 2018 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 3rd place in the NOLACon OSINT CTF in 2019 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 2nd place in the BSides Atlanta OSINT CTF in 2019 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 1st place in the DerbyCon Social Engineering Capture the Flag (SECTF) in 2017
- 4th place in the DerbyCon OSINT CTF in 2019
- 2nd place in the Hackfest (Quebec) Missing Persons CTF powered by TraceLabs in 2019 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 2nd place in the Hackfest (Quebec) Social Engineering Capture the Flag (SECTF) in 2019
- 18th place in the TraceLabs Global Missing Persons CTF III (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 5th place in the TraceLabs Global Missing Persons CTF IV (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 2nd place in the TraceLabs Global Missing Persons CTF V (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 1st place in the TraceLabs Global OSINT Search Party at DEFCON (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)