This 4-hour course includes exploration and survey of one’s threat model and seeks to help students gain an understanding of potential actors, techniques, and outcomes of lapses within their operations security (OPSEC). Precautions and general best practices will be covered from an information/cybersecurity perspective. In addition to basic cyber hygiene, students will be introduced to disinformation and deception technologies and applications as a means to enhance their OPSEC.
As with all current courses at the OSINTion, there are no specific prerequisites. Students who have completed the Basic OSINT or People OSINT courses may derive more value from the course.
What You Will Learn
In this 4-hour class, you will learn:
- The fundamental basics of OSINT
- How to understand YOUR threat model
- Threats introduced by family and friends
- Techniques for enhancing the security of your online presence
- Basics of Disinformation
- Basic of Online Deception
- “Honey” things
- Putting it all together
Who Is This Class For?
This class is for anyone from an absolute beginner in OSINT and Missing person investigations all the way up to seasoned law enforcement and beyond.
This course is normally $80, but coupon codes are often released on the following social media platforms:
- Joe’s Twitter
- Advanced Persistent Security Twitter
- Joe’s LinkedIn
- The OSINTion Twitter
- The OSINTion Facebook
- The OSINTion Mailing List
Partners and Causes listed on the Partners and Causes page have coupon codes that will provide students with 15% off of course tuition and also provide the partner or cause a donation of 15% of the course tuition for each time their code is used. Choose your favorite and help them with fundraising!
Registration (Includes The Offering Dates)
You can see available dates and times as well as register here.
This class, in addition to all others, can be viewed on the calendar here.
About Joe and The OSINTion
The OSINTion is an online and onsite Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) training provider based in the US. The Principal Instructor, Joe Gray, is a recognized expert in OSINT and other relevant topics in information security. Joe’s passionate and common sense approach to OSINT is easy to comprehend and natural for students to follow along. By day, Joe is a Senior OSINT Specialist with a firm in the US.
Competitively, Joe has placed in the following competitions involving OSINT:
- 3rd place in the NOLACon OSINT CTF in 2018 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 3rd place in the NOLACon OSINT CTF in 2019 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 2nd place in the BSides Atlanta OSINT CTF in 2019 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 1st place in the DerbyCon Social Engineering Capture the Flag (SECTF) in 2017
- 4th place in the DerbyCon OSINT CTF in 2019
- 2nd place in the Hackfest (Quebec) Missing Persons CTF powered by TraceLabs in 2019 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 2nd place in the Hackfest (Quebec) Social Engineering Capture the Flag (SECTF) in 2019