You can also pre-purchase sessions for 2021 using the 2020BF1337OSINT coupon code using any of the links below (less the Private Training option), so this will work for current offerings as well as future offerings.
This is the return of the older OPSEC course, refreshed with new techniques, tools, materials, and perspectives. This is a 6-hour course (available as 2 sessions of a 3 hour course or as a 6-hour course with approximately 30 minutes of breaks in the course).
This 6-hour course includes exploration and survey of one’s threat model and seeks to help students gain an understanding of potential actors, techniques, and outcomes of lapses within their operations security (OPSEC). Precautions and general best practices will be covered from an information/cybersecurity perspective. In addition to basic cyber hygiene, students will be introduced to disinformation and deception technologies and applications as a means to enhance their OPSEC.
Topics surveyed include:
- OSINT and OPSEC relationship
- Proactive use of Disinformation and Deception for OPSEC
- Social Media and Internet Presence
- Secure Technologies
- Supplemental steps to take to enhance one’s OPSEC
What You Will Learn
In this 6-hour class, you will learn:
- The fundamental basics of OSINT
- How to understand YOUR threat model
- Threats introduced by family and friends
- Techniques for enhancing the security of your online presence
- Basics of Disinformation
- Basic of Online Deception
- “Honey” things
- Putting it all together
Who Is This Class For?
This class is for anyone of any technical skill level that is concerned about or interested in Operations Security and privacy.
This course is normally $150, but coupon codes are often released on the following social media platforms:
- Joe’s Twitter
- Advanced Persistent Security Twitter
- Joe’s LinkedIn
- The OSINTion Twitter
- The OSINTion Facebook
- The OSINTion Mailing List
Partners and Causes listed on the Partners and Causes page have coupon codes that will provide students with 15% off of course tuition and also provide the partner or cause a donation of 15% of the course tuition for each time their code is used. Choose your favorite and help them with fundraising!
Upcoming Offerings (All times EST)
SINGLE 6-HOUR SESSIONS:
WEEKDAY SESSIONS (MEETS TWICE FOR 3 HOURS EACH TIME):
- December 14 & 15: 6-9PM (EST): https://osint.mobi/2KkTl4e
Pre-Purchase your 2021 OSINTion Training Here
Note: You can also pre-purchase sessions for 2021 using the 202BF1337OSINT coupon code using the links below as well.
Schedule Private Training Here
Additional Payment Options
How to Use the Alternative Methods:
Some students have been reluctant to use PayPal for registering for OSINTion courses as of late due to possible security concerns with PayPal. As a byproduct, we have added new options!
As of September 28 2020, we are offering the alternative methods.
- To use them, you will first need to register for the course and exit before completing the payment.
- Next, please email email@example.com to begin coordination.
- Coordination will consist of making sure we know that the payment is coming and from whom.
- For cryptocurrency, we will need to see what the current values are and determine what the Bitcoin (BTC), Etherium (ETH), or ZCash (ZEC) equivalent values are.
- Once coordinated, use one of the following methods:
- Venmo: https://www.venmo.com/the-osintion
- CashApp: https://cash.app/$theosintion
- We can also support Zelle. Please email us to coordinate using Zelle.
- Cryptocrrency (please verify BTC or ZCash wallets using Keybase – https://keybase.io/theosintion):
- Bitcoin (BTC): 336E7UD34nE978DwAdB6N5Eb8r9yf3aenz
- Etherium (ETH): 0x916d8b3218e6Cd33D763b1Ec7AA5bDA2812cF396
- Zcash (ZEC): t1Ugsme5FG6Xbav7vAy98Q9dzutCh63WADe
This class, in addition to all others, can be viewed on the calendar here.
About Joe and The OSINTion
The OSINTion is an online and onsite Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) training provider based in the US. The Principal Instructor, Joe Gray, is a recognized expert in OSINT and other relevant topics in information security. Joe’s passionate and common sense approach to OSINT is easy to comprehend and natural for students to follow along. By day, Joe is a Senior OSINT Specialist with a firm in the US.
Competitively, Joe has placed in the following competitions involving OSINT:
- 3rd place in the NOLACon OSINT CTF in 2018 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 3rd place in the NOLACon OSINT CTF in 2019 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 2nd place in the BSides Atlanta OSINT CTF in 2019 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 1st place in the DerbyCon Social Engineering Capture the Flag (SECTF) in 2017
- 4th place in the DerbyCon OSINT CTF in 2019
- 2nd place in the Hackfest (Quebec) Missing Persons CTF powered by TraceLabs in 2019 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 2nd place in the Hackfest (Quebec) Social Engineering Capture the Flag (SECTF) in 2019
- 18th place in the TraceLabs Global Missing Persons CTF III (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 5th place in the TraceLabs Global Missing Persons CTF IV (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 1st place in the TraceLabs Global OSINT Search Party at DEFCON (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)