This is the return of the previous 4-hour OPSEC course, refreshed with new techniques, tools, materials, and perspectives. This is a 6-hour course (available as 2 sessions of a 3 hour course or as a 6-hour course with approximately 30 minutes of breaks in the course).
This 6-hour course includes exploration and survey of one’s threat model and seeks to help students gain an understanding of potential actors, techniques, and outcomes of lapses within their operations security (OPSEC). Precautions and general best practices will be covered from an information/cybersecurity perspective. In addition to basic cyber hygiene, students will be introduced to disinformation and deception technologies and applications as a means to enhance their OPSEC.
Topics surveyed include:
- OSINT and OPSEC relationship
- Proactive use of Disinformation and Deception for OPSEC
- Social Media and Internet Presence
- Secure Technologies
- Supplemental steps to take to enhance one’s OPSEC
What You Will Learn
In this 6-hour class, you will learn:
- The fundamental basics of OSINT
- How to understand YOUR threat model
- Threats introduced by family and friends
- Techniques for enhancing the security of your online presence
- Basics of Disinformation
- Basic of Online Deception
- “Honey” things
- Putting it all together
Who Is This Class For?
This class is for anyone of any technical skill level that is concerned about or interested in Operations Security and privacy.
This 6-hour course costs $170, but coupon codes are often released on Joe’s and the OSINTion’s social media platforms.
Partners and Causes listed on the Partners and Causes page have coupon codes that will provide students with 15% off of course tuition and also provide the partner or cause a donation of 15% of the course tuition for each time their code is used. Choose your favorite and help them with fundraising!
Upcoming Offerings (All times EST)
SINGLE 6-HOUR SESSIONS:
WEEKDAY SESSIONS (MEETS TWICE FOR 3 HOURS EACH TIME):
- 2021 Sessions are currently TBD
Pre-Purchase your 2021 OSINTion Training Here
Schedule Private Training Here
Alternate Payment Methods
Information about using alternative payment methods can be found here.
Continuing Education & Employer Relations
Information about getting certificates, badges, or invoices for CPEs/CEUs/etc. and employer reimbursement can be found here.
This class, in addition to all others, can be viewed on the calendar here.
About Joe and The OSINTion
The OSINTion is an online and onsite Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) training provider based in the US. The Principal Instructor, Joe Gray, is a recognized expert in OSINT and other relevant topics in information security. Joe’s passionate and common sense approach to OSINT is easy to comprehend and natural for students to follow along. By day, Joe is a Senior OSINT Specialist with a firm in the US.
Competitively, Joe has placed in the following competitions involving OSINT:
- 3rd place in the NOLACon OSINT CTF in 2018 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 3rd place in the NOLACon OSINT CTF in 2019 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 2nd place in the BSides Atlanta OSINT CTF in 2019 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 1st place in the DerbyCon Social Engineering Capture the Flag (SECTF) in 2017
- 4th place in the DerbyCon OSINT CTF in 2019
- 2nd place in the Hackfest (Quebec) Missing Persons CTF powered by TraceLabs in 2019 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 2nd place in the Hackfest (Quebec) Social Engineering Capture the Flag (SECTF) in 2019
- 2nd place in the TraceLabs Global Missing Persons CTF V (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 1st place in the TraceLabs Global OSINT Search Party at DEFCON 28 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)