This is a 6-hour course (available as 2 sessions of a 3 hour course or as a 6-hour course with approximately 30 minutes of breaks in the course).
This 6-hour course includes exploration and survey of one’s threat model and seeks to help students gain an understanding of potential actors, techniques, and outcomes of lapses within their operations security (OPSEC). Precautions and general best practices will be covered from an information/cybersecurity perspective. In addition to basic cyber hygiene, students will be introduced to disinformation and deception technologies and applications as a means to enhance their OPSEC.
Topics surveyed include:
- OSINT and OPSEC relationship
- Proactive use of Disinformation and Deception for OPSEC
- Social Media and Internet Presence
- Secure Technologies
- Supplemental steps to take to enhance one’s OPSEC
Check the Store Page or Schedule for Upcoming Offerings
This is an advanced course that assumes some knowledge, comprehension, and experience with OSINT. No accounts are explicitly needed, although having social media accounts (they do not have to be your real account nor do they need to be fake [Sock] accounts) to follow along with will not hurt. Prior to the course, please register for an account on The OSINTion Discord Here then use the Discord account to create an account on The OSINTion Wiki Here.
Students having taken another course from The OSINTion are more likely to benefit from the material in this course. First-time students seeking initial foundational instruction about OSINT are advised to take The OSINTion’s Accelerated Introduction to OSINT course first.
This 6-hour course costs $200, but coupon codes are often released on Joe’s and the OSINTion’s social media platforms.
Alternate Payment Methods
Information about using alternative payment methods can be found here.
Continuing Education & Employer Relations
Information about getting certificates, badges, or invoices for CPEs/CEUs/etc. and employer reimbursement can be found here.
About Joe and The OSINTion
The OSINTion is an online and onsite Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) training provider based in the US. The Principal Instructor, Joe Gray, is a recognized expert in OSINT and other relevant topics in information security. Joe’s passionate and common sense approach to OSINT is easy to comprehend and natural for students to follow along.
Competitively, Joe has placed in the following competitions involving OSINT:
- 3rd place in the NOLACon OSINT CTF in 2018 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 3rd place in the NOLACon OSINT CTF in 2019 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 2nd place in the BSides Atlanta OSINT CTF in 2019 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 1st place in the DerbyCon Social Engineering Capture the Flag (SECTF) in 2017
- 4th place in the DerbyCon OSINT CTF in 2019
- 2nd place in the Hackfest (Quebec) Missing Persons CTF powered by TraceLabs in 2019 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 2nd place in the Hackfest (Quebec) Social Engineering Capture the Flag (SECTF) in 2019
- 2nd place in the TraceLabs Global Missing Persons CTF V (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 1st place in the TraceLabs Global OSINT Search Party at DEFCON 28 (as a member of the Password Inspection Agency)
- 1st place in the TraceLabs Global OSINT Search Party at DEFCON 29 (as a member of The Federal Bureau of OH-SHINT)